search envelope-o feed check
Home Unanswered Active Tags New Question
user comment-o

Event relationship feature

Asked by Anonymous
13 years ago.

Hi,

Would be possible to add some sort of event relationship? For example, I would like to be able to specify that Event 2 depends on Event 1 and show an line with an arrow from Event 1 to Event 2. Would you consider this type of feature ?

Also, do you provide the source code after purchasing the control ?

Thanks,

Steve

Comment posted by Dan Letecky
13 years ago.

That sounds interesting. For many-to-many relationships it would mean a bit complex data handling but a simplified form with many-to-one or one-to-many it could be possible. I will give it a thought.

And yes, the source code is included with the full version.

Comment posted by Anonymous
13 years ago.

Hi,

Thanks for your consideration,

One to many and many to one would be great. Do you know how longit would take to develop it?

Steve.

Comment posted by Dan Letecky
13 years ago.

This will not make it into 6.2 release. It could be available in 6.3 but I need to do some tests first. That would be a time frame of about 2 months.

Can you please describe your use case a bit? That would help me design the feature.

13 years ago.

Hi,
Please see below what I was thinking of.

Lets assume we have two or more conference rooms where we need to schedule some events/meetings (Room1, Room2, Room3, with Events A, B, C and D). We have scheduled the following events:
- Room1.EventA
- Room1.EventB
- Room2.EventC
- Room3.EventD
- Room3.EventE
For example, we would like to define and show (with an arrow between events) the following scenarios:
- S1: Room1.EventB can start (is related to) after Room1.EventA is finished.
- S2: Room2.EventC can start after (or is related to) Room1.EventA has started.
- S3: Room3.EventD can start after Room1.EventA has finished.

(the above scenarios are one to one or one to many)
- S4 (not critical; only if possible): Room3.EventE can start after Room3.EventD and Room1.EventB are finished (this scenario would be many to one, however not that important if too complicated)

The important elements would be:
- One to one and one to many relationship that could be modeled in the Event object.
- The graphical representation (with an arrow) of the relationship between events.

The graphical representation of S2 (event related to start of other event, rather than end of other event) is also not very important (arrow can always be from end of dependent event).
S4 is also not very important if it complicates things.
Nice to have: ability to set the color of the arrow for each individual relationship.
Other thingsIm thinking of (but not important): the relationship could have some constraints such as, for S1, Room1.EventB cannot start earlier then half an hour (e.g. needed for cleaning the room) after Room1.EventB has finished.
Thanks,
Steve.

13 years ago.

Sorry, correction on the last paragraph, it should read:

Other things I'm thinking of (but not important): the relationship could have some constraints such as, for S1, Room1.EventB cannot start earlier then half an hour (e.g. needed for cleaning the room) after Room1.EventA has finished.

Thanks.

12 years ago.

Hi,
Please let me know if this has been considered and made available in release 6.3.
Thanks,
Steve

12 years ago.

Did this ever make it in?

This question is more than 1 months old and has been closed. Please create a new question if you have anything to add.