search envelope-o feed check
Home Unanswered Active Tags New Question
user comment-o

Dynamic Context Menu - No longer works after upgrade

Asked by Anonymous
13 years ago.

Hi,

In all versions of Daypilot prior to 6.1 I created context menus from a dynamic dataset. I recently upgraded to 6.1 and the menus no longer work. When I right click on an event,the context menu no longer shows and I get a javascript error "No menu items defined."

If I hard code a menu on the page it works fine but not when the items are dynamic.

Do you have any ideas how to fix this please?

Many thanks

Comment posted by Anonymous
13 years ago.

I have looked into this a bit more and in all previous versions I have created the context menu in an page initialise function, and this worked. Now it seems to work only if I create the menus in Page_Load, which I don't really want to do.

Can you tell me if there is a way around this please?

Thanks

Comment posted by Dan Letecky
13 years ago.

And when do you need to create the menu?

The menu code has changed a lot in 6.1 but I can't imagine a situation when the previous code would work but the new one wouldn't.

13 years ago.

I can see the problem now. The context menu initialization code was written to the HTML in OnLoad method. I have moved the config part to Render and it should work now.

You can get the latest sandbox build (6.2.2151) to test the change.

Comment posted by Anonymous
13 years ago.

Thanks Dan this works as it did before now.

13 years ago.

It's now included in the 6.2 SP2 release.

This question is more than 1 months old and has been closed. Please create a new question if you have anything to add.