search envelope-o feed check
Home Unanswered Active Tags New Question
user comment-o

Copy/Paste

Asked by brandon
11 years ago.

One thing I might try to implement (or fake) is a copy and paste sort of thing. So users can make one event and--without using recurrence--make the same event on a few other days. I think how I might try to make a psuedo-copy/paste could be to create an external event with all the same information as the one you've just "copied" and have it sit outside of the calendar. Then users could drag it from the side of the page onto the calendar on a different day. Right-clicking on the first event might give an option saying "copy to side pane" and if there were directions on the top of the page people would know what to do. Just a friendly suggestion. I think it'd be a useful addition and I'm not sure you've ever looked into it. Good calendar already though.

Thanks
Brandon

Answer posted by Dan Letecky [DayPilot]
11 years ago.

Brandon,

It's already possible. Please see the following guide:

http://kb.daypilot.org/46975/how-to-implement-copy--paste-in-the-calendar/

Comment posted by brandon
11 years ago.

Well you've just thought of everything haven't you? This is great! Now I think all you need is a knowledge base that's searchable. Please don't tell me there's a search bar somewhere I've been missing..

Thanks

Comment posted by brandon
11 years ago.

Actually searching from the home page works pretty well.. I'm an idiot. Thanks Dan

Comment posted by Dan Letecky [DayPilot]
11 years ago.

Not at all, I think the search bar is really missing in the knowledge base header... Thanks!

This question is more than 1 months old and has been closed. Please create a new question if you have anything to add.