search envelope-o feed check
Home Unanswered Active Tags New Question
user comment-o

Null Reference Exception on scheduler CallBack

Asked by William Clark
8 years ago.

A team member sent me his project which was using scheduler and getting the same error I have below. I made some suggestion that I was unsure was the reason, and then started a controller and view to test using the scheduler. I followed one of the tutorials and I got the same issue at the same place; the CallBack which ends up on line 19:

public ActionResult Backend()
{
return new Scheduler().CallBack(this);
}

I'm uploading the controller and view in case it helps.

System.NullReferenceException was unhandled by user code
HResult=-2147467261
Message=Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Source=DayPilot.Web.Mvc
StackTrace:
at DayPilot.Web.Mvc.Json.JsonData.op_Explicit(JsonData data)
at DayPilot.Web.Mvc.Json.JSONObject.getBoolean(String key)
at DayPilot.Web.Mvc.DayPilotScheduler.CallBack(Controller c)
at RAM.Controllers.misController.Backend() in C:\Users\wclark.IDIVAFB\Source\Workspaces\Workspace\RAM\RAM\Controllers\misController.cs:line 19
at lambda_method(Closure , ControllerBase , Object[] )
at System.Web.Mvc.ActionMethodDispatcher.Execute(ControllerBase controller, Object[] parameters)
at System.Web.Mvc.ReflectedActionDescriptor.Execute(ControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 parameters)
at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethod(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters)
at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.ActionInvocation.InvokeSynchronousActionMethod()
at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.<BeginInvokeSynchronousActionMethod>b__39(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ActionInvocation innerInvokeState)
at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncResult`2.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncResultBase`1.End()
at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.End[TResult](IAsyncResult asyncResult, Object tag)
at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.EndInvokeActionMethod(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.AsyncInvocationWithFilters.<InvokeActionMethodFilterAsynchronouslyRecursive>b__3d()
at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.AsyncInvocationWithFilters.<>c__DisplayClass46.<InvokeActionMethodFilterAsynchronouslyRecursive>b__3f()
InnerException:

Answer posted by Dan Letecky [DayPilot]
8 years ago.

Which version of DayPilot do you use? One of the recent sandbox builds had a bug which had symptoms like this. It is fixed in the latest release (8.1.5819):

http://mvc.daypilot.org/demo/Scheduler/

Let me know if the issue persists.

Comment posted by William Clark
8 years ago.

Sorry for not mentioning that I was on an earlier sandbox version. Since I implemented client side click handling, I can revert to the full version and look to move to server side on the next full update.

Thanks by the way for your patience and for addressing things so well. It is really refreshing.

Comment posted by Dan Letecky [DayPilot]
8 years ago.

No problem! The latest version (8.1.5819) includes all the recent changes and improvements. As a licensed user, you can download it in the customer area:

https://www.daypilot.org/customers/

This question is more than 1 months old and has been closed. Please create a new question if you have anything to add.