search envelope-o feed check
Home Unanswered Active Tags New Question
user comment-o

EventResized wrong NewEnd

Asked by Torben K.
16 years ago.

In my EventResized handler NewEnd and OldEnd have always the same value when I extend the Event by one cell. When Iexentd itby 2 cells it gives me the date, thati need whenIextendby one cell. Sothescheduler ignores the first cell.Otherwise wheni resize it in the other direction, the NewStart is correct. My CellDuration is 720.

Comment posted by Dan Letecky
16 years ago.
It seems there is a bug in the duration calculation. I will test it.

Thanks for reporting the issue!
Comment posted by Torben K.
16 years ago.

Okay.Pleaseletmeknowifyouhavethesolution.

16 years ago.

First, I dont know why but the forum ignores my spaces sometimes. Sorry for that :-). I tested the new Version (4.5) and the resize-bug still appears.

16 years ago.
4.5 SP1 was just released but still without the fix. I've put it into the TODO list for 4.6 release.
16 years ago.

Thanks for the fast reply. Can you say something about the release date of 4.6?

16 years ago.

I'm sorry i just saw the link

16 years ago.
Torben, I have tested this scenario with the latest release. I've modified Demo/Scheduler/Default.aspx to use CellDuration="720". But it works as expected.

Are you able to reproduce the bug using the latest release (4.5 SP1)?
16 years ago.

Hi Dan,

i tested it with the newest release (4.6).The bug still appears. Can there be any mistake on my side? I'm using Postback to handle resizing.

Best regards

Torben K.

Comment posted by Anonymous
15 years ago.

NewEnd property returns wrong date. Here with I explain you with example.

Suppose you are in the week view. Your event's start date is 10/15/2008 12:00 PMAnd EndDate is '10/17/2008 3:00 PM' Thus evant span across multiple days. DayPilot calendar displays it properly (No doubt about that). Now when you try to resize the event by dragging the EndTime and make the end time = '10/17/2008 2:00 PM' then it will return incorrect value inEndTime Property. It will use the same date as the StartDate and just give the updated time so End Time returns '10/15/2008 2:00 PM' (Note: the date is changed equal to StartDate).

If you tryresize the event to ''10/17/200811:00 AM' then new EndTime propertyreturns , '10/15/2008 11:00 AM' and in that way DayPilot calender does not display this event because the EndTime becomes greater than the start time.

Note: I am using trial version ofthe latest release of DayPilot calendar and this bug is appearing.

Suggestion : when ever an event is longer than 24 hours then display it in the ALLDay Event Row. You can take reference from RAD Schedular control. (dont mind there are also few bugs in RAD Sechdular control)

15 years ago.

I confirm the bug. It will be fixed in DayPilot Pro 5.1.

DayPilot let's you decide if the multi-day events should go into the all-day row. It's possible to create the all-day flag from the duration automatically in your SELECT command.

This question is more than 1 months old and has been closed. Please create a new question if you have anything to add.