search envelope-o feed check
Home Unanswered Active Tags New Question
user comment-o

Getting error while building angular app after installing daypilot package

Asked by Dhiraj
6 years ago.

Hi,

I have an Angular 5 application, in which i added the daypilot-pro-angular package by using
"npm install https://npm.daypilot.org/daypilot-pro-angular/trial/2018.1.3169.tar.gz --save" command
But when i try to build my app now it gives following error

ERROR in Error: Illegal state: symbol without members expected, but got {"filePath":"C:/git/TeamWork/webClient/node_modules/daypilot-pro-angular/daypilot-angular.min.d.ts","name":"DayPilot","members":["Angular","Calendar"]}.
at StaticSymbol.assertNoMembers (C:\git\TeamWork\webClient\node_modules\@angular\compiler\bundles\compiler.umd.js:1404:19)
at AotSummaryResolver.resolveSummary (C:\git\TeamWork\webClient\node_modules\@angular\compiler\bundles\compiler.umd.js:31928:22)
at CompileMetadataResolver._loadSummary (C:\git\TeamWork\webClient\node_modules\@angular\compiler\bundles\compiler.umd.js:14709:66)
at CompileMetadataResolver.isDirective (C:\git\TeamWork\webClient\node_modules\@angular\compiler\bundles\compiler.umd.js:15003:23)
at C:\git\TeamWork\webClient\node_modules\@angular\compiler\bundles\compiler.umd.js:15167:27
at Array.forEach (<anonymous>)
at CompileMetadataResolver.getNgModuleMetadata (C:\git\TeamWork\webClient\node_modules\@angular\compiler\bundles\compiler.umd.js:15161:54)
at CompileMetadataResolver.getNgModuleSummary (C:\git\TeamWork\webClient\node_modules\@angular\compiler\bundles\compiler.umd.js:15041:52)
at C:\git\TeamWork\webClient\node_modules\@angular\compiler\bundles\compiler.umd.js:15129:72
at Array.forEach (<anonymous>)
at CompileMetadataResolver.getNgModuleMetadata (C:\git\TeamWork\webClient\node_modules\@angular\compiler\bundles\compiler.umd.js:15114:49)
at visitLazyRoute (C:\git\TeamWork\webClient\node_modules\@angular\compiler\bundles\compiler.umd.js:29937:104)
at AotCompiler.listLazyRoutes (C:\git\TeamWork\webClient\node_modules\@angular\compiler\bundles\compiler.umd.js:29905:20)
at AngularCompilerProgram.listLazyRoutes (C:\git\TeamWork\webClient\node_modules\@angular\compiler-cli\src\transformers\program.js:157:30)
at Function.NgTools_InternalApi_NG_2.listLazyRoutes (C:\git\TeamWork\webClient\node_modules\@angular\compiler-cli\src\ngtools_api.js:44:36)
at AngularCompilerPlugin._getLazyRoutesFromNgtools (C:\git\TeamWork\webClient\node_modules\@ngtools\webpack\src\angular_compiler_plugin.js:263:66)

Can you please help me on it? Or is there any other version of Daypilot i need to use for angular 5?

Answer posted by Dan Letecky [DayPilot]
6 years ago.

DayPilot 2018.1.3169 is fully compatible with Angular 5. I've just tried to create a new Angular 5 project (@angular/core version 5.2.5) using Angular CLI 1.5 and Angular 1.7 - both seem to work fine.

One of the modules (@angular/compiler, @angular/cli ...) in your setup might be using a buggy version. You can try deleting node_modules and running "npm install" to get a new version.

You can also download a boilerplate Angular 5 project with Scheduler component configured here:
https://code.daypilot.org/87636/angular-5-scheduler
It uses the latest Angular CLI 1.5 and the latest Angular 5 version.

Let me know if the problem persists.

Comment posted by Dhiraj
6 years ago.

Thanks Dan, It is working fine after making the changes mentioned by you.

This question is more than 1 months old and has been closed. Please create a new question if you have anything to add.