search envelope-o feed check
Home Unanswered Active Tags New Question
user comment-o

Can an Event option be used to adjust Business hours for a Scheduler resource?

Asked by Tony Dew
5 years ago.

To begin, what an incredible piece of work ayPilot is. I am so happy to have found it and will almost certainly be buying a Pro licence. Thank you for all the effort that has gone in to this.

We run a day and a night shift in our production facility. While almost all of projects run more than one day on the schedule, only about 30% or so run on both schedules. Is there a way to alter the Business hours available to a specific Event? For instance, an Event could have a checkbox where we indicate that it should apply to the night shift as well.

Answer posted by Dan Letecky [DayPilot]
5 years ago.

Hi Tony,

I'm happy to hear that DayPilot helps.

Unfortunately the business hours are specified on the resource (row) level. At this moment, there is no way to set different business hours for different events (I assume you wanted to use it in combination with eventMoveSkipNonBusiness - https://api.daypilot.org/daypilot-scheduler-eventmoveskipnonbusiness/).

The workaround could be to display each event on a special row but might make sense only in some cases.

Comment posted by Tony Dew
5 years ago.

Thank you for the reply.

To be honest, my question sprung from the mistaken idea that I could add an event with a start date and then a number of hours of work time. (For instance, I was thinking I could start an event on October 2, 2018 and know that it was scheduled for 400 work hours. DayPilot would then fill in the required amount of days based on the Business Hours... which would vary if this Event was to be worked on for night shift as well.

I don't know where I got that mistaken idea from. I'm assuming it was from when I was playing with eventMoveSkipNonBusiness in early testing.

Finally, sorry for the typo. DayPilot.

Comment posted by Dan Letecky [DayPilot]
5 years ago.

It's necessary to do this kind of calculation on the server side. The Scheduler accepts "start" and "end" dates for events and these dates are always respected.

It can help you to keep the existing (business) duration using eventMoveSkipNonBusiness when moving/resizing an event but the initial position needs to be set in advance.

Just note that this only applies to existing events that were created without the Scheduler. Everything you create using drag and drop will use the correct start/end.

It will also work if you have an unscheduled event (with just the duration specified) and you move it to the Scheduler from an external list (https://doc.daypilot.org/scheduler/external-drag-and-drop/).

This question is more than 1 months old and has been closed. Please create a new question if you have anything to add.