search envelope-o feed check
Home Unanswered Active Tags New Question
user comment-o

IE8 support

Asked by Scott B
15 years ago.
I don't see IE8 on the roadmap.

Currently tests of DayPilot 4.9 on IE8 Fail for the on-line sandbox demo.

The users is left with 'Loading' message in the upper left. Examining the error shows

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)
Timestamp: Sun, 8 Jun 2008 03:14:47 UTC

Line: 3
Char: 39284
Code: 0
URI: http://www.daypilot.org/sandbox/Calendar/

Line: 1
Char: 1
Code: 0
URI: http://www.daypilot.org/sandbox/Calendar/
Comment posted by Craig
15 years ago.

I'm sure Dan will fix any issues that may cause these controls to not render correctly in IE 8, correct Dan?

Comment posted by Dan Letecky
15 years ago.
I'm working on IE8 compatibility at the moment. There seems to be a problem with accessing the table.rows property during rendering. This is probably causing also the IE7 "operation aborted" errors under certain conditions:
IE8 compatibility is must, of course. I will be updating the roadmap soon and IE8 should be listed there as well.
Comment posted by Buzz
15 years ago.

As theirs been no update here for Beta 2
Switching IE8 to compatibility mode seams to run day pilot cal without issues
In IE8 mode, it appears to work for the most part (Page renders, can scroll hours, can extend end time of event, popup tooltip on event hover and right click menu appears + deleting works) on the 5.0 sandbox

What doesnt work is moving an event or changing its start time (both act like end time changed)
These were only a few quick tests, not tested it with update panels or other controls

Comment posted by Buzz
15 years ago.

As theirs been no update here for Beta 2
Switching IE8 to compatibility mode seams to run day pilot cal without issues
In IE8 mode, it appears to work for the most part (Page renders, can scroll hours, can extend end time of event, popup tooltip on event hover and right click menu appears + deleting works) on the 5.0 sandbox

What doesnt work is moving an event or changing its start time (both act like end time changed)
These were only a few quick tests, not tested it with update panels or other controls

15 years ago.

There was a big change between IE8 beta and IE8 beta2. DayPilot works much better with beta2 (without any changes in the code). I will be watching the IE8 releases but the final tuning will be done against the final release of IE8.

Comment posted by Buzz
15 years ago.

I know you dont support IE8 yet, but just FYI

Day pilot calendar (resource view) 5.1 SP2 worked fully with IE8 RC1 , but 5.2 will miss the bottom of the events when rendering in IE7 mode.

see http://www.daypilot.org/demo/Calendar/ResourcesView.aspx

15 years ago.

Buzz, Thanks for reporting the issue. IE8 is now much closer to its final release and I will start testing DayPilot against IE8 in 5.3 release.

This question is more than 1 months old and has been closed. Please create a new question if you have anything to add.