search envelope-o feed check
Home Unanswered Active Tags New Question
user comment-o

Year View

Asked by Anonymous
15 years ago.
Is there any way for displaying a view that shows only years and months? I'm looking to apply this for equipment scheduling that is done on a monthly basis.
Comment posted by Anonymous
15 years ago.
To clarify further, I'm speaking with regard to the Scheduler control. I'd like to be able to setup the first header as years and the second header as months. Anything smaller than months is meaningless for our scheduling.
Comment posted by Dan Letecky
15 years ago.
I could add GroupBy.Year option but the problem is that the second header row corresponds to the cell size. That means CellDuration sets the size of the time cells and second header row cells at the same time.

So the answer is that it's not possible at the moment. It might be available in one of the future releases but I can't promise any date now.
15 years ago.

I'm not sure I understand. I would expect the cells and the second header row to be the same size - as long as the second header row represented 12 months for every year i the first header row.

Take the example listed above (DayPilot Pro live demo (Scheduler control)), it would look exactly the same except for the top header row would only have years and not month/year. And the bottom header row would have the 12 months and not the days.

I may sound like a broken record at this point but Ijust want to make sure I'm explaining myself correctly.

Comment posted by Dan Letecky
15 years ago.
OK, I thought you wanted this:

H1: Years
H2: Months
Cells:Days

It seems that you want this:

H1: Years
H2: Months
Cells: Months

The problem here is that CellDuration accepts duration in minutes but each month has a different number of minutes (and it's further complicated by the leap years). That means no immediate solution/workaround is available unless you want to dig into the source code yourself.
15 years ago.

OK - I think I understand where the problem lies.

We currently have a scheduling program and it works by assigning the start date as the beginning month (everything operates on the first day of a month) and then a duration of total months. In our model, the events represent construction equipment and the resources represent various construction projects. The external drag&drop would represent available equipment not yet scheduled.

I may take a look at the open source version. But, I really liked the your product's capability of dragging/dropping and resizing the events on the fly. I believe these features are not available in the open source version, correct?

11 years ago.

Hi,

this post is quite old, but I have the same issue.
Does someone find a solution?

This question is more than 1 months old and has been closed. Please create a new question if you have anything to add.