search envelope-o feed check
Home Unanswered Active Tags New Question
user comment-o

DayPilot Scheduler for vb.net and SQL server

Asked by Martyn
11 years ago.

I've downloaded the lite version for the scheduler but I'm trying to adapt it for SQL server rather than SQLite but I'm encountering problems in the example vb. Is there a download available for the SQL version of the tutorial?
As an example of one of the issues I'm having:
If (Not IsPostBack) Then
loadResources()
DayPilotScheduler1.DataSource = dbGetEvents(DayPilotScheduler1.StartDate, DayPilotScheduler1.Days)
DayPilotScheduler1.DataBind()
Dim startday As New DateTime(2012, 7, 1)
DayPilotScheduler1.SetScrollX(startday)
End If
The line of code 'DayPilotScheduler1.SetScrollX(startday)' shows as being incorrect, when I hover over it it says that SetScrollX is not a member of DayPilot.web.UI.DayPilotScheduler. I've probably missed something out but I can't see what.

Many thanks

Comment posted by Anonymous
11 years ago.

Update: I've managed to convert all but one of the vb elements to reference my SQL database instead of sqlite. The only one remaining is the DayPilotScheduler1_EventMove. I think I'm having issues here because in the properties of daypilotscheduler1 I can't see any events options. Does anybody know why this might be? I have included the daypilot.dll into the bin directory.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Answer posted by Dan Letecky [DayPilot]
11 years ago.

Martyn, The Scheduler in the Lite version doesn't support the built-in scrollbars and it doesn't support event moving using drag&drop. That's why you can't access SetScrollX() and EventMove event. You can delete the parts of code that are using it or switch do DayPilot Pro (http://www.daypilot.org/try.html).

DayPilot Lite only supports two events - EventClick (event clicking) and TimeRangeSelected (clicking the time cells).

Comment posted by Anonymous
11 years ago.

Thanks Dan. It is possible to use this code to implement a scheduler without having to pay for licenses? I'm assuming as it's a trial version there would be quite a lot of functionality not available until purchased?

Comment posted by Dan Letecky [DayPilot]
11 years ago.

The trial version includes all functionality. It's licensed for evaluation purposes so you can test it as much as you want. The full version which you get after purchase removes the "DEMO" label and includes source code.

This question is more than 1 months old and has been closed. Please create a new question if you have anything to add.