search envelope-o feed check
Home Unanswered Active Tags New Question
user comment-o

Export to Excel/Outlook

Asked by Anonymous
16 years ago.
Hello,

It would be great to be able to export to Excel and/or Outlook format.

Thanks !
Comment posted by Dan Letecky
16 years ago.
What format do you mean?

If you need CSV for Excel, you are better off with generating it directly from your data source.
The same applies to iCal for Outlook (you can take a look at DDay.iCal library).

If you mean exporting the graphic output, that's difficult. You need to use a browser (IE or Mozilla) programmatically to render it and than capture the output. Some attempts to achieve this can be found on the Internet. I've tried it myself in a different context some time ago and it was not a reliable solution.

Another option would be to include the PNG/JPG export natively but the questions is: What is it good for? If you have an interesting and relevant use case it wouldn't be impossible.
Comment posted by Anonymous
16 years ago.
Yes, to generate a calendar for printing (without all the problems with IE and Firefox with strange printing).
Comment posted by Dan Letecky
16 years ago.
I could try tweaking the HTML to make the output look better after printing. But this might be more difficult than producing a clean PNG from scratch. I would like to take a look at it, but it won't be before 4.4 release.
Comment posted by Anonymous
16 years ago.
I would be interested for a PNG, maybe a next feature :)

Very good control !
This question is more than 1 months old and has been closed. Please create a new question if you have anything to add.