search envelope-o feed check
Home Unanswered Active Tags New Question
user comment-o

DayPilotBubble not showing on Touch/Mobile devices (iOS/Android)

Asked by Piet Eckhart
7 years ago.

Hi,

We recently upgraded to a more recent version of the DayPilot control.
Using a DayPilotBubble we used to be able to open the bubble by clicking on a cell on a mobile device.

Hovering on a desktop browser works fine. When I switch back to the older version the bubble shows just fine.

Did i break something? Should this work
What do I need to do to get a CellBubble to show when selecting/clicking a cell?

Kind regards,

Piet Eckhart

Answer posted by Dan Letecky [DayPilot]
7 years ago.

Peit,

How do you activate the bubble? It should work fine for EventClickHandling="Bubble"?

If the bubble used to open without EventClickHandling="Bubble" it might have been an unwanted side effect.

Another option is to add an active area to the event with Action set to Bubble.
http://doc.daypilot.org/scheduler/event-active-areas/

Comment posted by Piet Eckhart
7 years ago.

Hi Dan,

I'm not working with a bubble for event but with a bubble for Cells. (by setting CellBubbleID)
On touch devices i would like to be able to click on an empty cell to open the bubble that would normally open when the users hovers over it on a desktop browser.

How can I solve this?

Kind regards,

Piet Eckhart

Comment posted by Dan Letecky [DayPilot]
7 years ago.

Hi Piet,

I'll need to check that. The cells don't have any default action assigned to tap gesture (unlike mouse click which triggers time range selection).

7 years ago.

Hi Dan,

Thanks, but keep in mind that I need the bubble to show up on tap on a touch device and on hover on desktop browsers. This is how it currently works in our production version.

7 years ago.

Hi Dan,

Its been two weeks since my last Reply.
Can you please provide me with an answer?

This question is more than 1 months old and has been closed. Please create a new question if you have anything to add.