search envelope-o feed check
Home Unanswered Active Tags New Question
user comment-o

Schedule control and vertical scrolling

Asked by John Frost
16 years ago.
Hello - how does the schedule control handle vertical scrolling? Is the header 'locked'? Great controls by the way :) Thanks!
Comment posted by Dan Letecky
16 years ago.
Thanks.

Vertical scrolling is not yet implemented in the current version (4.0 SP1). However, I already have a prototype with both scrollbars enabled (with the headers properly scrolling with the content in both axes). It should be available in DayPilot 4.2 along with the on-demand loading.

I could make the vertical scrolling available sooner, probably in DayPilot 4.1. But if you need vertical scrolling, you are probably going to show a lot of events and you are going to ask for on-demand loading anyway ;-). Let me know if you are interested.
Comment posted by John Frost
16 years ago.

When will 4.2 be available? Again - you have done a great job and I will be purchasing soon.

16 years ago.
Release 4.2 is scheduled for 1 November. If you are interested in a beta version, I can provide it as soon as it is available (during October).
16 years ago.
one more thing I noticed with the schedule control - when loading the demo (www.daypilot.org/demo/scheduler) in IE 6 an empty schedule appears right away, however the browser freezes for a long time (~30-40 secs) until the appointment data is loaded.

When this same page is loaded into FF 2.0 this delay is not present.
Can you verify this and if it so - is it possible to speed up the time IE 6 takes to load the schedule data?

Thanks,

John
16 years ago.
What I see when using http://www.daypilot.org/demo/Scheduler/ in IE6 is a delay of 2-3 seconds. Does it happen just on a single computer or on more machines as well?
16 years ago.

Yes - it appears to be just on my development laptop - when I run it on another pc it loads quick. Sorry to put you on a wild goose chase.

This question is more than 1 months old and has been closed. Please create a new question if you have anything to add.