search envelope-o feed check
Home Unanswered Active Tags New Question
user comment-o

Change of UI format for the creation and maintenance of recurring events

Asked by Dave
8 years ago.

I have an interest to modify the format of the UI for the creation and maintenance of recurring events.

Is the daypilot control flexible enough to cope with a change of format and if so, how?

Please help.

Thanks

Dave

Answer posted by Dan Letecky [DayPilot]
8 years ago.

Yes, you can modify the event appearance and behavior using BeforeEventRender event handler:

http://doc.daypilot.org/scheduler/event-customization/

The recurring events will have e.Recurrent property set to true. A simple example copied from the documentation:

protected void DayPilotScheduler1_BeforeEventRender(object sender, BeforeEventRenderEventArgs e)
{
  // modifying the event HTML (recurring events)
  if (e.Recurrent)
  {
      e.Html += " (R)";
  }
}
Comment posted by Dave Periam
8 years ago.

Other than modifying the underlying html, I was looking to modify/replace the controls with my own custom built .Net Web User Control - would this be acceptable and supported?

I would like to add in custom controls to allow multi selection of combo boxes from within a drop down list box.

Comment posted by Dan Letecky [DayPilot]
8 years ago.

Unfortunately only plain HTML is supported.

I assume the custom control is only needed when editing the event:

1. You can display the control in a modal dialog after clicking an event (http://code.daypilot.org/81367/daypilot-modal). The modal dialog could be masked and positioned to look like the event box.

2. You can place the control in a hidden area of a page and move it over the event div when the event is clicked. That would result in something similar like approach #1.

Comment posted by Dave Periam
8 years ago.

Dan,

Thank you for the update and the suggestion.

Dave

Answer posted by Dave Periam
8 years ago.

This question is more than 1 months old and has been closed. Please create a new question if you have anything to add.