search envelope-o feed check
Home Unanswered Active Tags New Question
user comment-o

Dynamic Context Menu - No longer works after upgrade

Asked by Anonymous
9 years ago.

Hi,

In all versions of Daypilot prior to 6.1 I created context menus from a dynamic dataset. I recently upgraded to 6.1 and the menus no longer work. When I right click on an event,the context menu no longer shows and I get a javascript error "No menu items defined."

If I hard code a menu on the page it works fine but not when the items are dynamic.

Do you have any ideas how to fix this please?

Many thanks

Comment posted by Anonymous
9 years ago.

I have looked into this a bit more and in all previous versions I have created the context menu in an page initialise function, and this worked. Now it seems to work only if I create the menus in Page_Load, which I don't really want to do.

Can you tell me if there is a way around this please?

Thanks

Comment posted by Dan Letecky
9 years ago.

And when do you need to create the menu?

The menu code has changed a lot in 6.1 but I can't imagine a situation when the previous code would work but the new one wouldn't.

9 years ago.

I can see the problem now. The context menu initialization code was written to the HTML in OnLoad method. I have moved the config part to Render and it should work now.

You can get the latest sandbox build (6.2.2151) to test the change.

Comment posted by Anonymous
9 years ago.

Thanks Dan this works as it did before now.

9 years ago.

It's now included in the 6.2 SP2 release.

This question is more than 3 months old and has been closed. Please create a new question if you have anything to add.