search envelope-o feed check
Home Unanswered Active Tags New Question
user comment-o

Very slow in Internet Explorer

Asked by jjsabe
13 years ago.
Hi. My question is why in Internet Explorer 8 a calendar refresh is spending up to 3 seconds and an event move 1 second, while in Chrome it is immediate... I use a calendar with resources. Am I doing something wrong? My table has 20 events DayPilotCalendar1 is inside an UpdatePanel if (!IsPostBack) --> DefineColumns from resources loaded in memory. 5 days, 3 resources Refresh --> DayPilotCalendar1.DataBind(); DayPilotCalendar1.Update(DayPilot.Web.Ui.Enums.CallBackUpdateType.EventsOnly); EventMove --> Save to SQL Server DayPilotCalendar1.DataBind(); DayPilotCalendar1.Update(DayPilot.Web.Ui.Enums.CallBackUpdateType.EventsOnly); I think it is quite simple, but the time spent in IExplorer is too much.
Comment posted by Dan Letecky
13 years ago.

What version of DayPilot do you use? 6.2.2140 added some code to prevent memory leaks in IE and it's slowing it down quite a lot. It has been improved in 6.2.2154 (SP2). The speed should be comparable in all browsers now (IE was always the slowest one but it should be the same order of magnitude).

Comment posted by jjsabe
13 years ago.
I'm using 6.2.2143. Maybe it is because I have two modal popups (one for the event details and another to select from a list). They are not refreshed while the Calendar is refreshed, but the client script may be too big. Don't know. Can I send you the .aspx and .cs pages? Thanks for your help
Comment posted by Dan Letecky
13 years ago.

Yes, no problem. Please send it to support@daypilot.org.

This question is more than 1 months old and has been closed. Please create a new question if you have anything to add.