search envelope-o feed check
Home Unanswered Active Tags New Question
user comment-o

ViewState exception

Asked by Anonymous
12 years ago.

Hi, We are using Daypilot 6.6.2351.0. Sometimes when performing an action on the calendar control (e.g. moving, resizing events) we encounter the following exception: System.Web.HttpException: The state information is invalid for this page and might be corrupted. ---> System.Web.UI.ViewStateException: Invalid viewstate. I was just wondering if this is an issue you have encountered before? The reason I am posting it here is that the issue is only occurring on pages with the calendar control and only if we are interacting with the control in some way.

I have noticed that we are only facing this issue when we use Apostrophe

Any suggestions?

Comment posted by Anonymous
11 years ago.

Sorry to bump this but I am having the same problem on 6.9.2522.0

After trying to override just about every property I can and encode everything I can, I have come to the conclusion that the server side .Text element is corrupting the initial viewstate. Therefore when it is posted back it always looks 'wrong' to ASP .NET. In fact, trying to decode viewstate using one of the many available online utilities fails whenever the month control is displayed, which hints at possibly being a larger problem.

This is a pretty large bug so is there any hope of sorting it sometime soon?

The only workaround for now is for me to manually force removal of these characters from the event text, which is not ideal.

Answer posted by Dan Letecky [DayPilot]
11 years ago.

Unfortunately I'm not able to reproduce the issue (v7.2). Please let me know if you still experience this problem (support@daypilot.org).

This question is more than 1 months old and has been closed. Please create a new question if you have anything to add.