search envelope-o feed check
Home Unanswered Active Tags New Question
user comment-o

(F58) Multiple columns in resource headers (DayPilotScheduler)

Asked by Anonymous
16 years ago.

Hi

I am very disappointed that this feature has been pushed back 2 months at the 11th hour from 4.6. Any help would be appreciated as this is a key requirement for me.

Regards

Andrew

Comment posted by Dan Letecky
16 years ago.
I won't probably manage it this week (F13 is under development), but next week I could send you a special build with this feature implemented. Just please drop me a note at support@daypilot.org.
Comment posted by Sergiu
16 years ago.

Hi,

Tried to use this new feature, as written in your example, but instead A, B, C column headers I get the date written there.

Could you tell me why?

Thanks,

Sergiu

16 years ago.
I assume you are talking about the example from 4.6 SP1 release notes.

The first argument of the Column constructor is the name value, i.e. the text that will be shown in the header. Please check that you supply the correct value. For the first row the constructor should look like this:

Column c = new Column(day.ToShortDateString(), day.ToString("s"));

For the second row it should look like this:

Column c1 = new Column("A", "A");

Please check also the HeaderLevels property (the default value is 1, that means it will only show the top level). In order to show three resources for each day you will have to set it to 2 (first row showing the dates, second row showing the resources).

If you still have troubles with getting it working, please send me a screenshot of the output, your Page_Load code and the daypilot tag from your .aspx page to support@daypilot.org.
Comment posted by Anonymous
15 years ago.

Hi
I notice this is now an unscheduled feature although you promised to send me a beta a couple of months back. Any update would be appreciated. I am surprised this is causing so many issues.
Regards
Andrew

15 years ago.
Hi Andrew,

Too bad, I know. And I apologize. There were too many issues to be resolved and this feature is not a trivial one. I will update the roadmap as soon as I'm able to give a better estimation. Sorry to cause you troubles.
15 years ago.

Hi Dan

Any Update???

Regards

Andrew

15 years ago.

Hi

Any update on F58as this was promised a year ago and gets bumped from version to version. This feature is required for a project that I am receiving great pressure. Sorry but I do not understand the why this feature is so complex to implement? I would appreciate it if you could highlight the issues.

Regards

Andrew

15 years ago.

Hi Andrew, I know I've been promising it for a long time. I won't promise any date but I'm taking your request into account.

I would like to make it more universal (allowing unspecified number of additional columns) but at the same time I want to keep the API simple for those who don't want to show more columns in the row header. That's why it's not a matter of a few new lines of code.

Sorry to be a pain.

15 years ago.

I've scheduled a special major release for next week (DayPilot Pro 5.4). It will include F58 as well.

15 years ago.

Thanks for your time. Regards Andrew

This question is more than 1 months old and has been closed. Please create a new question if you have anything to add.