search envelope-o feed check
Home Unanswered Active Tags New Question
user comment-o

Upgrading from 8.1.3505 to 8.4.3622

Asked by OSPete
6 years ago.

We use a lot of the async functionality of the scheduler, and utilize the AfterRenderJavaScript property to handle loading of the controls on the page after a callback.

However, after updating to the latest version - our afterRender javascript method is being continuously called. I've tried to dig in and see if there's something we were doing that's causing it and haven't been able to yet. Nothing jumps out between these two versions that look like a likely culprit.

Any ideas on why this would be happening?

Comment posted by OSPete
6 years ago.

I've incrementally gone back (major versions) to 8.2 and it seems to not have the issue there - I'd guess it was something introduced in the javascript changes in 8.3 possibly? I'm still digging into it.

Comment posted by Dan Letecky [DayPilot]
6 years ago.

The only major recent change is that since https://aspnet.daypilot.org/daypilot-pro-for-asp-net-webforms-8-3-sp4/ the AfterRenderJavaScript handler is now also called for client-side updates requested using .update() call. However, that shouldn't affect the ASP.NET version and it shouldn't be called continuously.

Do you use dynamic event loading?

Comment posted by OSPete
6 years ago.

No, I don't believe so.

I wonder if I'm calling dps.update in my afterRender though.... I'll look into that.

Comment posted by OSPete
6 years ago.

That definitely seems to be the cause.. I think we might have had issues with adjusting the scheduler size not taking with calling an update after. I'll see if we can work around that.

This question is more than 1 months old and has been closed. Please create a new question if you have anything to add.