search envelope-o feed check
Home Unanswered Active Tags New Question
user comment-o

Integrate with Google Calendar or Outlook

Asked by Nic Peterson
15 years ago.
I need to figure out a way to sync my DayPilot calendar with my Google Calendar and with Outlook. It will be done like a batch import/export of events.

Does anyone have any idea how I might do this?

Thanks!!
Comment posted by SigdevJim
15 years ago.
Hi Nick; My first step would be looking at the Google Calendar API. It is fairly well documented, and the support forum members are very helpful. Use google to find it ;-)
Answer posted by Dan Letecky
15 years ago.

I believe this is not a difficult task - but it's outside of the scope of DayPilot. DayPilot will show what you feed it with (usually from your own DB) - it's just a UI control.

Several thoughts:

1. Both Google Calendar and Exchange Server (not desktop Outlook) provide APIs that you can use to load the data dynamically (i.e. you wouldn't need your own DB). That way you would build your own UI to the existing services (Exchange/Google). Connecting to local Exchange server would be comparable to a DB but connecting to a remote Google server might be slower.
  2. I guess both services allow export in iCal format in some way. You could use the open-source DDay.iCal library to import it in your DB.
  3. You can also use the APIs and import the data directly into your DB.

Some links:

This question is more than 1 months old and has been closed. Please create a new question if you have anything to add.