search envelope-o feed check
Home Unanswered Active Tags New Question
user comment-o

Db connection location

Asked by Eunice Harris
11 months ago.

Where or what file do you specify the database connection string?

Comment posted by Eunice Harris
11 months ago.

The version installed is DayPilotPro-7.8.3139[1]

Answer posted by Dan Letecky [DayPilot]
11 months ago.

The database connection is handled by your application (DayPilot doesn't connect to the DB directly). Typically, the connection string is stored in web.config (in ASP.NET applications).

Note that the 7.8.3139.1 is a very old (trial) version of "DayPilot Pro for ASP.NET WebForms".

Comment posted by Eunice Harris
11 months ago.

Is this version compatible with net 4.x?

Comment posted by Dan Letecky [DayPilot]
11 months ago.

It may work but it is no longer supported.

Comment posted by Glen Payne
11 months ago.

We (the team that Eunice was on) purchased the Pro version at that time. How do we get updates?

11 months ago.

Unless you have an active maintenance subscription, you will need to purchase a new license.

If you decide to purchase a new license, I recommend checking the JavaScript version (https://javascript.daypilot.org/). This is a client-side version that can be used with any backend (including .NET Core). It is also more flexible than the ASP.NET WebForms version.

If you just want to update your version of DayPilot without touching anything else in your system you can purchase the ASP.NET WebForms version.

If you would like to discuss details, you can write to sales@daypilot.org and reference this thread.

11 months ago.

Is there anybody I can call? I prefer voice to voice for speed and clarity.

11 months ago.

Unfortunately, we don't provide phone support - but I will be happy to help by email.

11 months ago.

Thanks for your help. A few more questions
1) If we can show a purchase receipt, will that do us any good moving forward - like better support, or reduced subscription costs?
2) If we have to purchase an entirely new version, are there clear instructions for installation to an ASP.NET/IIS website?
3) If we do have problems (i.e., during installation and beyond), where do we get support, from you or another?
4) Is that "help by email" you mentioned the same as sales@daypilot.org, or another?
5) Will you help us make the best purchasing decision?
6) How can we determine if the version we installed many years ago was a purchased version, or a trial version?
7) If it's the trial version, how it is possible it's working at all?
8) Can I get support offline i.e, through email?
9) Where is the company located?

By the way, Whatever version was installed was working up until a few weeks ago when we had a 2003 (yes 2003) server crash which disconnected itself from the 2008 Domain Controller. The decision was made to upgrade everything and thus the Server was upgraded to 2022, the DC to 2022, SQL Server to 2019, and the Server OS to 2022, if that helps.

Thanks very much
Glen Payne
[email edited out]

11 months ago.

Glen,

Thank you for your questions. I have sent you answers by email - please let me know if the email doesn't arrive (sometimes the first email may not pass the spam filter).

This question is more than 1 months old and has been closed. Please create a new question if you have anything to add.