user comment-o

Some requests for next release

Asked by Anonymous
4 months ago.
  • Snap to grid disabled also on calendar

• Smooth resize on calendar

Answer posted by Dan Letecky [DayPilot]
4 months ago.

The option to turn the snap-to-grid behavior off is already implemented and it is available in the latest release (2023.4.5838). It works for event moving, event resizing and time range selection.

Online demo:

Comment posted by Anonymous
4 months ago.

I’ve just checked it out. I would like to have the smooth animation of the snap to grid “false”, but have the hour “reposition” in the exact matching hour of the cell. Can you please satisfy this request?

Comment posted by Dan Letecky [DayPilot]
4 months ago.

You can implement this behavior yourself:

1. Use snapToGrid: false.

2. Override the target position in onEventMove/onEventResize - cancel the default action using args.preventDefault(), modify the event start and end as needed and update the event using events.update().

4 months ago.

Ok, can you suggest me how to achieve some sort of animation while repositioning things?
For example, i leave the event at 3.18, it should be repositioning a at 3.15. I don’t want to snap to it, but to slowly reposition. How can i do it?

4 months ago.

?

Comment posted by Dan Letecky [DayPilot]
4 months ago.

At this moment, this is not easily possible.

There are some options but they would require changes in DayPilot. We might be able to look into this in the coming weeks (January/February).

This question is more than 1 months old and has been closed. Please create a new question if you have anything to add.