search envelope-o feed check
Home Unanswered Active Tags New Question
user comment-o

Vertical dragging to associate one event with multiple resources

Asked by John
12 days ago.

Hello, I’m wondering if it’s possible today to drag/expand an event vertically to create a record that spans multiple resources. Please let me know if I can provide additional information.

Answer posted by Dan Letecky [DayPilot]
10 days ago.

Yes, this is possible.

To distinguish this action from moving the original event to a new location, you can use a modifier key or an active area.

1. Modifier key

You can use the approach described in the Event Copying article in the documentation.

To limit the target to the same start, you can adjust the position using the real-time onEventMoving event handler.

2. Active area

This approach is used in the ASP.NET Core Production Workflow Scheduling Tutorial to create a follow-up task. See the “Production Workflow: Create a Next Task” section. You can use the same method with a custom onEventMove logic that creates an assignment instead of a copy. This tutorial uses onEventMoving to display a link between the source and the new task.

You can also take a look at the ASP.NET Core Shift Planning tutorial. It uses multiple Scheduler events to display shift assignments (location and person).

New Reply
This reply is
Attachments:
or drop files here
Your name (optional):