search envelope-o feed check
Home Unanswered Active Tags New Question
user comment-o

Error in chrome with DayPilot (Input string was not in a correct format. Screen Shot Attached.)

Asked by Manjeet
9 years ago.

DayPilotCalendar giving an error Input string was not in a correct format. I am using a asp .net drop down in new page and DayPilotCalendar control. i wrote code in aspx is.

<form id="form1" runat="server">
<div>
<asp:DropDownList ID="DoprDownCalControl" runat="server" AutoPostBack="true">
<asp:ListItem Text="alex"></asp:ListItem>
<asp:ListItem Text="john"></asp:ListItem>
<asp:ListItem Text="manny"></asp:ListItem>
</asp:DropDownList>

<DayPilot:DayPilotCalendar ID="DayPilotCalendarControl" runat="server"></DayPilot:DayPilotCalendar>
</div>
</form>

CS Code :-- Nothing in CS page, Only page load event is defined.

After changing the index of dropdown i am getting this error.

[FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.]
System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal) +11177559
System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info) +145
System.Convert.ToInt32(String value) +43
DayPilot.Web.Ui.DayPilotCalendar.OnPagePreLoad(Object sender, EventArgs e) +895
System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e) +0
System.Web.UI.Page.OnPreLoad(EventArgs e) +121
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +699

Comment posted by Shaiz
9 years ago.

Manjeet, I also have the same problem. Some of our users get this error and some don't get it. We tried to reproduce this ourselves but we were unable to reproduce this issue. We suspect that it has something to do with the regional settings of the machine or the language settings of the browser.
I tried your source code at my machine as-well but i was unable to reproduce this issue which you mentioned.
Can you mention which version of day pilot you are using and what are your regional and language settings for
your machine and the browser.
we are using Chrome(Version 39.0.2171.95 m, Language setting: English UK) Windows 7 and regional settings English UK.

Comment posted by Manjeet
9 years ago.

i am using daypilot version Version 5.8.1956.0. , language Setting English - Unites states and windows 8.
My Chrome Version is Version 39.0.2171.95 m.

Answer posted by Dan Letecky [DayPilot]
9 years ago.

This error may happen if the Chrome zoom is not set to 100%. Chrome has started to report the scroll position as a decimal number in one of its recent releases.

It's fixed now in the latest DayPilot Pro release:

http://www.daypilot.org/daypilot-pro-for-asp-net-webforms-7-9-sp6/

Comment posted by mcmasotti
9 years ago.

I began to experience this error in Chrome (Version 40.0.2214.93 m) today right after having upgraded Java (now Version 8 Update 31)

Comment posted by Anonymous
9 years ago.

Changing the Zoom level = 100% worked---thanks!

This question is more than 1 months old and has been closed. Please create a new question if you have anything to add.