search envelope-o feed check
Home Unanswered Active Tags New Question
user comment-o

DayPilotScheduler TimeFormat does not appy to events--?

Asked by Ray
15 years ago.

Setting the DayPilotScheduler.TimeFormat = DayPilot.Web.Ui.Enums.TimeFormat.Clock24Hours works great for the headers (displays hours from 0 to 23 within a day), but it doesn't seem to display the events in 24-hour format (I see "11pm" in the event box, for example). Is there a separate setting for header vs. event timeformat?

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Comment posted by Dan Letecky
15 years ago.
Yes, the time format in events is taken from the current Culture.

You can also overrride it using BeforeEventRender event handler (modify e.InnerHTML).
Comment posted by Ray
15 years ago.

Thanks!

This got me going and looks consistent with the TimeFormat setting = 24 hour (using en-us culture):

System.Globalization.DateTimeFormatInfo dtfi = new System.Globalization.DateTimeFormatInfo();
dtfi.ShortDatePattern = "MM/dd/yyyy";
if (timeFormat24Hour)
{
dtfi.ShortTimePattern = "HH:mm";
}
else
{
dtfi.ShortTimePattern = "hh:mm tt";
}
System.Threading.Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture.DateTimeFormat = dtfi;

Also, FYI, not a big deal since we'll be buying the licensed vers soon, but the DEMO version of the Scheduler looks slightly funky because (I believe) the "DEMO" text creates awkward vertical spacing in the hours headers.

Comment posted by Ray
15 years ago.
BTW, that DEMO spacing issue wasn't occuring in 4.6, but was noticed after upgrade to 4.7.
Comment posted by Dan Letecky
15 years ago.
TimeFormat: In one of the future versions I will make it more consistent:
  • The TimeFormat will be determining the time format in the events as well.
  • TimeFormat now has three possible values (Clock12Hours, Clock24Hours, and Auto). The Auto option (it loads the time format from the current culture) was added recently and eliminates the need for separate setting of the time format in the headers.
Thanks for the DEMO note, I will check that!
This question is more than 1 months old and has been closed. Please create a new question if you have anything to add.