search envelope-o feed check
Home Unanswered Active Tags New Question
user comment-o

Localize Texts

Asked by Anonymous
16 years ago.
Texts like "scroll up", "scroll down", "loading..." should be localizable. We need for example german texts.
Comment posted by Dan Letecky
16 years ago.
These text can be localized since 4.1 release. See the following properties:
  • ScrollUpLabelText (DayPilotCalendar)
  • ScrollDownLabelText (DayPilotCalendar)
  • LoadingLabelText (both DayPilotCalendar and DayPilotScheduler)
DayPilotScheduler uses images for scrolling indicators so there is no need for localization.
Comment posted by Gary
16 years ago.
Just saw this posting and I was curious where the header text in the scheduler comes from? I'm specifically looking at one that says "Week 2 (January 2008)". I would like this to be localized.. I switched my browser to es_MX and that did not change this text.. So I'm guessing I will need to do something in the code..

Thanks in advance,
Gary
16 years ago.
Gary, Sorry for the delay.

This text can be customized using BeforeTimeHeaderRender event. You can modify e.InnerHTML according to your needs. An example of customization can be found in Demo/Scheduler/Default.cs.aspx, line 24 and following.
Comment posted by Gary
16 years ago.
Thanks Dan.. We used this code (my coworker got from you site or samples)
e.InnerHTML = String.Format("<a href='javascript:dps1.refreshCallBack(new Date(\"{0}\"), {1})' title='Zoom in'>{2}</a>", JsDate.FormatDateTime(e.Start), days, e.InnerHTML);

This produces the "Week 2 (January 2008)" that I sent in the other email.. What the issue is that when I use Spanish for the Culture the month gets translated properly but the word "Week" does not. This must be coming from the JsDate function..

Gary
16 years ago.
It's coming from the original InnerHTML which you are embedding in <a></a> element.

You can try this:
e.InnerHTML = String.Format(
"<a href='javascript:dps1.refreshCallBack(new Date(\"{0}\"), {1})' title='Zoom in'>{2}</a>",
JsDate.FormatDateTime(e.Start), days, DayPilot.Utils.Week.WeekNrISO8601(e.Start)
);
This will show a plain week number in the header.
Comment posted by Gary
16 years ago.
Thanks Dan.. I just added a resource lookup for the word "Week" in front of the number and I'm good to go!
By the way.. You might want to mention Localization as a feature.. I didn't notice it mentioned anywhere.

Nice work and thanks again,
Gary
This question is more than 1 months old and has been closed. Please create a new question if you have anything to add.