search envelope-o feed check
Home Unanswered Active Tags New Question
user comment-o

Context Menu Styling - Not working

Asked by Brenda
10 years ago.

Product: DayPilot Pro
Version: 7.3.2871.0

I am trying to use a Context Menu for the Event Click Handling, and I have the menu items displaying. But there is no styling on the menu. It seems as though it's not finding the style sheet. All I see is a list of text links with no background colour (see image attached).

I have taken everything regarding the context menu pretty much exactly from the downloaded version.

My 3 style sheets (areas.css, scheduler_transparent.css and menu_default.css) are in the "Themes" folder, along with a folder called "menu_default" which holds 3 images (bg3white.png, left.png, right.png). Am I missing something here?

I have a "Media" folder which holds elements.css and layout.css, along with the expected images. Again, did I miss something?

Both the "Media" and "Themes" folders are located at the root of the site.

The links to my style sheets are pointing to "/Themes/scheduler_transparent.css","/Themes/menu_default.css", "/Themes/areas.css", "/Media/layout.css" and "/Media/elements.css", so no broken style sheet links.

This is the first item on the style sheet, it matches the menu's CssClassPrefix property: .menu_default_main

This is the corresponding property on my menu: CssClassPrefix="menu_default_"

I've tried putting the style definitions right on the page itself, but there was absolutely no difference.

WHAT could I be missing? Is there something else I need to include that I haven't? I've checked around your site, and there is mention of a "themes.css" page, but this seems to be from an older version, and was not included in the download.

I'd appreciate any help you could provide.

Comment posted by Brenda
10 years ago.

Me again. I just looked at the sandbox project, and you're experiencing the same issue with the Context Menu.

http://www.daypilot.org/sandbox/Scheduler/Default.aspx. -- Right-click on one of the events.

Answer posted by Dan Letecky [DayPilot]
10 years ago.

The menu CssClassPrefix syntax has been updated recently to match the other other controls.

If you replace CssClassPrefix="menu_default_" with CssClassPrefix="menu_default" (note the missing last underscore) it should work.

It's fixed in the sandbox as well.

Comment posted by Brenda
10 years ago.

Thank you! Works perfectly.

Comment posted by Anonymous
10 years ago.

You might want to update the documentation on the site to reflect that as well. I spent 2 hours trying to match what is in my code with your documentation only to find out the documentation is wrong.

This question is more than 1 months old and has been closed. Please create a new question if you have anything to add.