search envelope-o feed check
Home Unanswered Active Tags New Question
user comment-o

Text Margin for Time

Asked by Stephanie
9 years ago.

How do you adjust the left margin on the Month view of the event when the time is being displayed? I see the setting "EventTextLeftIndent" but that is affecting the text after the time and not the time itself. We have a color bar that is similar to the ones on the Week/Day views but when the time is turned on that overlaps the color and we want to avoid that.

Answer posted by Dan Letecky [DayPilot]
9 years ago.

This property (EventTextLeftIndent) is only used when CssOnly is set to false. The position of the time text is fixed and can't be changed.

The solution would be to switch to CssOnly = true and add the event elements using permanently-visible active areas:
http://doc.daypilot.org/month/event-active-areas/

You need to add one active area for the start (and one for the end if you wish to display it as well). You also need to shift the main text - you can do it either in the CSS or by clearing the default HTML and adding a special active area for the text at the specified position.

Comment posted by Stephanie
9 years ago.

Thanks Dan, but it is the time that we have the issue with not the event text. We have a duration bar with a color like in the month and week views and the time is over that when clients turn that on. I need to know how we can make it so the time starts farther left in the event box displayed on the month view. If you want me to send you a screenshot, please let me know.

This question is more than 1 months old and has been closed. Please create a new question if you have anything to add.