search envelope-o feed check
Home Unanswered Active Tags New Question
user comment-o

Visible property Issue

Asked by André Ferreira
16 years ago.

Hello,

I've tried DayPilot Lite, then tried DayPilot Pro Trial, and loved it... so i've purchased 4.3.13 version ... but im stucked here with a little problem...

Im using a DayPilotCalendar and a button ... on the button action i have this code :
If DayPilotCalendar1.Visible = True Then
DayPilotCalendar1.Visible = False
Else
DayPilotCalendar1.Visible = True
End If

And the calendar is defined this way :
<DayPilot:DayPilotCalendar ID="DayPilotCalendar1" runat="server"
ContextMenuSelectionID="" ViewType="Days" Days="7" Direction="Auto"
TimeFormat="Clock24Hours" StartDate="2008-01-01" DataEndField="ACTTIME" DataSourceID="sqlDSActividades" DataStartField="ACTDATE" DataTextField="ACTDESCRIPTION" DataValueField="ACTID">
</DayPilot:DayPilotCalendar>

The problem is... if i use the property "Visible" and set it to false, here in the definition, when i click the button, the calendar turns visible but empty and with the label "Loading..." on the top of it!

Im using all this controls inside an ajax update panel!

Is this a bug? Can you help me solving this ? Thank you!!!

Comment posted by Andr�&#169; Ferreira
16 years ago.

I've forgot to say that i get a JavaScript error when i click the button to put the calendar visible...

The error says 'DayPilotCalendar is undefined'

Thank you!

Comment posted by Dan Letecky
16 years ago.
I tried to create a really simple page with an UpdatePanel with a Button and a DayPilotCalendar inside and it works fine. It might be related to something else on your page.

Can you send me your .aspx and .aspx.vb file to daypilot @ annpoint.com? I will take a look at it.
Comment posted by Steve65
16 years ago.
I was wondering if you'd found a solution to this?
I have the same problem.

An ajax update panel containing a DayPilotCalendar and a DayPilotMonth
Based upon user selection then one is hidden and the other displayed.
However the one that has visible=false during the initial page load is never be displayed again when visible is set to true.

I have confirmed that the code works (basically by always displaying both).

Any ideas?
thanks
16 years ago.
Yes, it's now fixed in the code and it will be included in the next release.
16 years ago.
thanks Dan, I'll look forward to it!
16 years ago.
Just for info Dan, unfortunately the new DaypilotSchedulerDynamic control seems to have this same Ajax UpdatePanel Visibility problem.
16 years ago.
The script includes are called in OnLoad in DayPilotSchedulerDynamic (they used to be in OnPreRender in DayPilotCalendar and DayPilotScheduler and that was causing the problem). Strange thing, I will need to test it. Thanks for reporting it!
This question is more than 1 months old and has been closed. Please create a new question if you have anything to add.