search envelope-o feed check
Home Unanswered Active Tags New Question
user comment-o

Trying to deploy on web server

Asked by Bbq
13 years ago.
Hi, I am trying to deploy my test project on a webserver but it's always giving me that error.
Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'DayPilot' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
Line 2: %@ Register Assembly="DayPilot" Namespace="DayPilot.Web.Ui" TagPrefix="DayPilot" %
Everything works fine in Visual Studio but not on the webserver!
Comment posted by Dan Letecky
13 years ago.

Do you have the daypilot.dll in the bin directory of your web application?

Comment posted by Bbq
13 years ago.
Yea, I have it but I fixed my problem. I had to put the bin directory on my webserver instead of my subfolder for my project...well anyway. It worked! Thanks anyway!
Comment posted by Anonymous
13 years ago.
We're having the same issue here. Can you please kindly provide the steps taken so that other people could see it?
Comment posted by Dan Letecky
13 years ago.

Two possible scenarios can happen:

1. You deploy it as a root application.

• Your application sits at C:\Inetpub\yourdomain.com
  • It is visible as http://yourdomain.com/

You need to put daypilot.dll into C:\Inetpub\yourdomain.com\bin.

2. You deploy it in a directory of another application (domain).

• Your application sits at C:\Inetpub\yourdomain.com\yourapp
  • It is visible as http://yourdomain.com/yourapp/

You need to put daypilot.dll into C:\Inetpub\yourdomain.com\yourapp\bin and convert "yourapp" directory to an application using IIS Manager:

1. In the IIS Manger tree, find "Web Sites" -> "yourdomain.com" -> "yourapp".
  2. Right-click "yourapp", select "Properties".
  3. Under "Directory" tab, find "Application settings" section and click "Create" button.

If you don't create the application it will be looking for the daypilot.dll assembly in C:\Inetpub\yourdomain.com\bin instead of C:\Inetpub\yourdomain.com\yourapp\bin.

Comment posted by Bbq
13 years ago.
^ this
|
Answer posted by Adrian-Ionel Corduneanu
10 years ago.

The problem wasn't the DayPilot dll file which you show on the live server. The problem was that you used that dll somewhere else, when you generated the resources, timeheaders and events and didn't put the most important dll(your main project) on that server

This question is more than 1 months old and has been closed. Please create a new question if you have anything to add.