search envelope-o feed check
Home Unanswered Active Tags New Question
user comment-o

ContextMenu Hover not working with JavaScript Action

Asked by Allen
13 years ago.

Hi all,I'm prototyping a calendar to convince my organization to buy DayPilot PRO, but I'm having trouble with the contextMenu.

Basically, when a menuItem action is JavaScript, the hover styles do not get applied. I can use IE DevTools to add an HREF="" to the <a> tag, and it will work, but the only way I can find to get an href attribute in the tag is by setting the action="NavigateUrl" (which keeps me from using javascript).

This seems odd, since the hover styles are applied when I run the demo posted on this site, but I'm banging my head against a wall trying to make it work in my environment.

I'm pretty confident all of the selectors are correct, since any menuItems with action="NavigateUrl" show the correct hover styles. Any ideas?

BTW, great product, we'll be buying the full boat package as soon as I get this demo done. Thanks!

Comment posted by Allen
13 years ago.

Oops. I should point out that this is only an issue with IE8 CompatibilityMode on. I realize the easy asnwer is "turn it off," but this will be on an intranet site and the organization has a group policy setting that all intranet sites run in compat mode.

Answer posted by Allen
13 years ago.

aaaand I solved it by adding the following tag:

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=8" />

The controls are a hit with the users in need of a calendar, and they're easy to work with. Thanks for the great product!

Comment posted by Dan Letecky [DayPilot]
12 years ago.

Thanks for posting the solution, Allen!

This question is more than 1 months old and has been closed. Please create a new question if you have anything to add.