search envelope-o feed check
Home Unanswered Active Tags New Question
user comment-o

Script Manager/Update panel and others

Asked by JTS
12 years ago.

Hello,

I tried emailing daypilot support but go no response. So I'll try the forum.

I am an experienced developer but I am new to asp.net. Daypilot lite looks exactly like something I'd like to try in an app.

However I've gotten errors trying out thedemo. First off...I was getting an error complaining about "System.web.extensions". I nosed around on the internet and found something that said i needed to install an "ajax toolkit". I did that (I think). And that error went away.

Is installation of a toolkit necessary?

Now i get errors complainging about unknown server tags for Scriptmanager and Updatepanel. What are these and how can I get rid of them?

Thanks?

Answer posted by Dan Letecky
12 years ago.

Hi. Apologies for the delay.

In the DayPilot Lite demo, there is one page that demonstrates how to use it with UpdatePanel from ASP.NET AJAX Extensions. That page is UpdatePanel.aspx. You don't need that page unless you want to see how to use DayPilot with UpdatePanel. You can safely delete it.

If you are interested in UpdatePanel integration, it's necessary to install ASP.NET AJAX Extensions 1.0 (note the version number, it's the original release) and rename Web.Ajax.Config to Web.Config. Web.Ajax.Config contains a reference to System.Web.Extensions library which is required for UpdatePanel (and it also contains a ScriptManager).

.NET Framework 3.5 and later include the ASP.NET AJAX Extensions. If you want to use this version you need to update the version number in UpdatePanel.aspx and Web.Ajax.Config (renamed to Web.Config) from "1.0.61025.0" to "3.5.0.0".

This question is more than 1 months old and has been closed. Please create a new question if you have anything to add.