search envelope-o feed check
Home Unanswered Active Tags New Question
user comment-o

Display a message after redrawing the Calendar

Asked by Martin R.
16 years ago.
A typical scenario for me is that I press a button and some events are going to be changed when this button is pressed. For example all events might be marked as "done". After the postback (or partial postback / AJAX) I want to display a message. For example "5 old events have been marked as done".
How should I do that? If I write javascript:alert() in the middle of the page the calendars painting is not done and blocked until "OK" is pressed. So my wish would be to call this alert() after the calendar is repainted.
How?
(I guess such kind of scenarios are also interesting for any kind of events. But my main case is just after pressing an external button.)
Comment posted by Dan Letecky
16 years ago.
Yes Martin, you're right. That's very interesting.

I will add a custom collection to the EventArgs classes (EventResizeEventArgs, EventMoveEventArgs, etc.) that will be passed back to the client with the results. I've already planned to add a client-side handler that would be executed after the callback is finished. This handler will receive the collection and you will be able to decide what to do (showing "3 events modified", or "this move is not allowed" etc.).

I'm only not sure if it makes it into 4.0 SP4 release. But I will put it in the plans for 4.1.

Thanks for a nice suggestion!
Comment posted by Dan Letecky
16 years ago.
And it can be done for PostBack/ partial PostBack as well, that's no problem.
This question is more than 1 months old and has been closed. Please create a new question if you have anything to add.