search envelope-o feed check
Home Unanswered Active Tags New Question
user comment-o

Data Binding

Asked by Gregory MacKay
16 years ago.

Hi,

I can't seem to get the scheduler bound to data. I would like to use resources down the left side rows and show times across the top for a day (or two). I put a few records into the sample database from the demo and assumed I'd be able to link up the resources field to the resources collection values I put in, but the scheduler doesn't render any events. The dates look good, the startdate is correct, and yet I can't figure it out. When I use the standard day calendar, it binds fine and shows the data. I know I'm getting data to the scheduler, because I even filled a dataset with the data and bound the datasource of the scheduler to that, but still nothing shows up in the scheduler. Any ideas? I would dearly love for this to work, because I have lots of clients that could benefit from this control.

- Gregory MacKay

Comment posted by Dan Letecky
16 years ago.
The main goal here is to ensure that values of Resource.Value and column specified in DataResourceField match.

This might be something trivial, like difference in letter case or specifying "resource" column as nchar(10) in the database (that's what I did in the SQL demo and it returns "1" + 9 spaces rather than "1").
This question is more than 1 months old and has been closed. Please create a new question if you have anything to add.