search envelope-o feed check
Home Unanswered Active Tags New Question
user comment-o

Show Events with 0 minutes

Asked by Markus
16 years ago.

Hi, thanks for the create control, and thanks for the changes you have already implemented because of Feature Requests i asked in this forum!

We have the problem that we sometimes have events that take 0 minutes (08:00 - 08:00). We read this events from another system. We also want to show this events in the calender. Is this still pobislbe (i haven't found a way) or can you please implement this feature.

Comment posted by Dan Letecky
16 years ago.
Thanks!

The questions here is, how do you want such events to look like in the calendar? Events with zero duration are ignored but when you add just 1 second they are rendered according to UseEventBoxes rules:
  • In real length (UseEventBoxes="Never"). The minimum is 2 pixels here (taken by the borders). Remember that when you have two events at the same time just one of them will be visible.
  • In a box with a size of the cell (UseEventBoxes="ShortEventsOnly", UseEventBoxes="Always").
You could also set them as all-day events (DataAllDayField specified, ShowAllDayEvents="true"). They will get rendered in the header (in DayPilotCalendar).
Comment posted by Markus
16 years ago.
Hi Dan,

it would be good if 0 minutes events would be rendered just like 1 sek. Events, with the rules you defined with "Never", "ShortEventsOnly", ... .

It could be possible that someone creates an 0 Min event unintended and than cann't find it afertward.

Br, Markus
16 years ago.
Although this is technically possible I have some doubts about this solution.
Zero length should rather be checked during event creation - event that takes 0 seconds is not really an "event".

Zero length event could be a "point in time" that could be also visualized in th calendar but what you describe is rather an input error.
Comment posted by Markus
16 years ago.
Hi Dan,

the event must have at minimum 1 min to be rendered, i tried it with adding 1 second but it doesn't work. Adding just 1 second to be rendered would help me a lot in our solution, adding 1 minute is bad, because this also changes the time in the eventbox.
16 years ago.
Actually, this minimum event length was supported only in DayPilotScheduler. I've just added it to DayPilotCalendar as well. It will be included in the next release. If you want to try it now, contact me at daypilot @ annpoint.com
This question is more than 1 months old and has been closed. Please create a new question if you have anything to add.