search envelope-o feed check
Home Unanswered Active Tags New Question
user comment-o

Planning to Purchase DayPilot Pro for ASP.NET MVC (OEM Start)

Asked by Shailesh
8 years ago.

Hi

I am using Daypilot pro trial version to see the features, most of them are good but i would like to expand the event width in a day pilot scheduler and i asked for the way in this forum, for which i got a reply that i can only use event boxes but it is not solving the requirement, apart from it i tried to increase the cell duration dynamically to increase the width of events in that cell and that is also not solving it.

My next hope is if i can purchase the source code (C# and Javascript) i am planning to do customizations for increasing the width of events in a cell in that source code, so my question is it possible to implement customizations in the source code which i get when i purchase DayPilot Pro for ASP.NET MVC (OEM Start) ?

Thanks,
Shailesh.

mvc
Answer posted by Dan Letecky [DayPilot]
8 years ago.

It looks like you might be referring to this question:
http://forums.daypilot.org/Topic.aspx/3066/increase-cell-width-based-on-number-of-events

I understand the requirement but I'm afraid there is no easy way to modify the source code to meet it.

The core of the problem is that the width of the event is always derived from the timeline (time axis). You have a chance to "round" the start and end to the cell size using UseEventBoxes but it doesn't support breaking the timeline. Changing this behavior by modifying the source code is nearly impossible (i.e. it equals rewriting a large part of the code and that doesn't make any sense).

This is as close as you can get:

1. You can evaluate the number events in a each cell - in advance and outside of DayPilot - and decide that you need to make this cell wider.
2. You can build a custom timeline using Scale=Manual and Timeline property (http://doc.daypilot.org/scheduler/timeline/) and use custom cell width calculated in step #1.
3. You need to adjust the event start and width before passing them to DayPilot to make them display in one row.

Example:
1. Event #1 will start at 00:00 and end at 08:00
2. Event #2 will start at 08:00 and end at 16:00
3. Event #3 will start at 16:00 and end at 24:00

This question is more than 1 months old and has been closed. Please create a new question if you have anything to add.