search envelope-o feed check
Home Unanswered Active Tags New Question
user comment-o

daypilot and VB.net

Asked by Joe
15 years ago.

Hi

I have 2 issues - I am new to asp so dont be harsh on me!:

1 Can I use the features of daypilot pro in an asp.net application with VB.NET as opposed to javascript?

2 When I tried it I succeeded in displaying the month control however i cannot get a button to work for previous/next month (something very simple). I have tried adding this to the button event:

Protected Sub Button3_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button3.Click
DayPilotMonth1.StartDate.AddMonths(1)
End Sub

Is this caused by an error that appears on loading the page: "Unexpected call to method or property access". Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Best Regards

Joe

Answer posted by Dan Letecky
15 years ago.
1. All the examples are in C# but you can use VB.NET instead without problems. JavaScript is only required on the client-side. The client-side code is necessary when you want to fine-tune the performance and/or add special behavior. It's usually not necessary when you only want to use the standard features.

2. The following code was working for me:
Protected Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) 
Handles Button1.Click
DayPilotMonth1.StartDate = DayPilotMonth1.StartDate.AddMonths(1)
End Sub
Comment posted by Joe
15 years ago.

Thanks Dan,

Makes sense to me now -and code works! Still get the "Unexpected........" error on page but the page page loads which is most important.

cheers

Joe

Comment posted by Dan Letecky
15 years ago.
I've tried to create a simple page with just the DayPilotMonth control and a Button. It works fine - I see no "Unexpected call to method or property access" exception. If you post the full stack trace I will try to give you some hint. But so far it seems it has nothing to do with DayPilot.
Answer posted by Dan Letecky
14 years ago.

There is a new tutorial online that shows how to use DayPilot Calendar with VB.NET (including sample VB.NET code):

http://www.daypilot.org/calendar-tutorial.html

This question is more than 1 months old and has been closed. Please create a new question if you have anything to add.