search envelope-o feed check
Home Unanswered Active Tags New Question
user comment-o

Showing tasks on group level

Asked by Nikola Radosavljevic
5 years ago.

Suppose following scenario. We are trying to visualize events occurring in a certain area. Are contains child locations (area within area). Child locations can be further split into their own child locations.

We want to group locations (which are resources) in the resource table according to their natural hierarchy. E.g.
A1
____A1.1__________________[------Event 2-------]
________A1.1.1_______[---Event 1---]

(padded with _s to keep alignment)
it seems like this is not possible now. Do you think this will be possible in future, and when do you think that will be?

Comment posted by Dan Letecky [DayPilot]
5 years ago.

This is not supported at the moment.

I assume you want to display the events from the child rows (A1.1 and A1.1.1) in the parent row (A1) merged into a single block (a kind of free/busy indicator). Is that correct?

Comment posted by Nikola Radosavljevic
5 years ago.

Hi Dan,

This is not what I was thinking, but this is also something that will be needed.
I'll try to describe what we need in a practical example.

Suppose we have a floor (F1) which is divided into rooms (R1, R2, R3). Everything that is not a room, we will deal with as floor itself (e.g. hallways, restrooms). Some work can be done in rooms themselves. For example, wash windows in room R1. But work can also happen in some common area of the floor. For example, wash floors in F1.

This is something which is possible in a desktop tool we use (Netronic scheduler).

Answer posted by Dan Letecky [DayPilot]
5 years ago.

Hi Nikola,

I see.

It's possible to use parents as well. Some examples use "treePreventParentUsage: true" setting to disable the parent rows but the default it to enable drag and drop for all rows.

See also:
https://doc.daypilot.org/scheduler/parent-resources/

Let me know if this isn't what you are looking for.

Comment posted by Nikola Radosavljevic
5 years ago.

Thanks perfect!

This question is more than 1 months old and has been closed. Please create a new question if you have anything to add.