search envelope-o feed check
Home Unanswered Active Tags New Question
user comment-o

Synchronizing Scheduler data

Asked by Anonymous
4 years ago.

Hello,
I am trying the library for my company. There is one specific requirement that is being able to have a window with several schedulers, and at the latest position, one readonly scheduler with the summary of all previous schedulers.
My question is: Is it possible to synchronize those schedulers so, whenever a user drags a external task to the scheduler, it is showed in the summary one? I tried updating the state of the props but it just fired infinitly. As an example, i upload an image where it is possible to see 2 schedulers and a big one acting as summary of both top and bottom schedulers.

Thanks in advance, this scheduler library is pretty awesome!

Comment posted by Dan Letecky [DayPilot]
4 years ago.

1. Would you just like to show selected events from one Scheduler in another instance? In that case, it should be possible to use the same data source for both and use onBeforeEventRender to hide events that you don't want to show in a specific instance (set args.data.hidden = true).

The onBeforeEventRender creates a shallow copy of the source object so setting the "hidden" property shouldn't affect the other instance.

2. If you want to show calculated data it will be necessary to use two different data source and update the summary data on every change (i.e. synchronize it manually).

This question is more than 1 months old and has been closed. Please create a new question if you have anything to add.