search envelope-o feed check
Home Unanswered Active Tags New Question
user comment-o

Displaying several properties of an event in different active areas, during PNG export

Asked by Olivier Rossel
2 years ago.

My events have 3 custom properties A, B, C.
I wish I could export my schedule as PNG, with each event displayed with A at the top left corner, B at the bottom center and C at the top right corner.
Is there any support for that in the export PNG feature?

Answer posted by Dan Letecky [DayPilot]
2 years ago.

The active areas will be included in the exported image. The area dimensions must be fully specified (it doesn't work if you only specify "left" but not "width" or "right").

If you only want to include the areas in the exported image you can add them using onBeforeEventExport event:

dp.onBeforeEventExport = args => {
  args.areas = [
      { left: 0, top: 0, width: 15, height: 15, text: "A"},
      { left: 0, right: 0, top: 0, bottom: 0, text: "B", horizontalAlignment: "center", verticalAlignment: "bottom"},
      { right: 0, top: 0, width: 15, height: 15, text: "C"},
  ];
};
Comment posted by Olivier Rossel
2 years ago.

Isn't args.areas a readonly property of args?

Comment posted by Dan Letecky [DayPilot]
2 years ago.

Yes, it is incorrectly marked as readonly in versions up to 2021.4.5098. In those versions, you can cast the args object to any or use a different syntax:

dp.onBeforeEventExport = args => {
  args.areas.push({ left: 0, top: 0, width: 15, height: 15, text: "A"});
  args.areas.push({ left: 0, right: 0, top: 0, bottom: 0, text: "B", horizontalAlignment: "center", verticalAlignment: "bottom"});
  args.areas.push({ right: 0, top: 0, width: 15, height: 15, text: "C"});
};
Comment posted by Olivier Rossel
2 years ago.

Is there also an issue, in version 2021.4.5098, regarding horizontalAlignment?
Which seems to be declared as either: "left" | "right" | "bottom";
Whereas some examples mention the "center" option.

Comment posted by Dan Letecky [DayPilot]
2 years ago.

Yes, there should be "center" instead of "bottom". It's now fixed in the latest sandbox build (2021.4.5105). Thanks for reporting the issue!

This question is more than 1 months old and has been closed. Please create a new question if you have anything to add.