search envelope-o feed check
Home Unanswered Active Tags New Question
user comment-o

Can this be used as a timetable?

Asked by Anonymous
13 years ago.
I have data in my database e.g: ID StartDate EndDate Item 1 Monday 12:00 Monday 14:00 Project Management 2 Tuesday 8:00 Tuesday 10:00 Maths I've been looking over the documentation, and it seems to me that this is possible, I just can't work out how best to go about it. Any suggestions?
Comment posted by Anonymous
13 years ago.
Sorry, I just read over my post and it doesn't reflect anything I was trying to say. At present, Im showing a week e.g. Sunday to Saturday. In my database I have the records stored as a day and a time because it is a set weekly thing. I need to convert the Monday into a date that DayPilot can use.
Answer posted by Dan Letecky
13 years ago.

Yes, it can be used to show a timetable. You only need to transform your day value to a certain date.

The easiest way would be to pick a year which starts on the same day of the week. That's the case of 2012 (for weeks starting on Sunday). So you can store Sunday as 2012-01-01, Monday as 2012-01-02 etc.

You can also store days of week as integers and transform them to dates using your SELECT command.

In the Calendar, set HeaderDateFormat="dddd" to show just the name of the day in the header. Use BeforeEventRender to override the default event HTML if needed.

Comment posted by Dan Letecky
13 years ago.

Oh sorry, the BeforeEventRender part only applies to the Pro edition.

Comment posted by Dan Letecky [DayPilot]
10 years ago.

The following tutorial shows how to create a weekly timetable using DayPilot Pro:

http://code.daypilot.org/65101/timetable-tutorial-asp-net-c-vb-net

This question is more than 1 months old and has been closed. Please create a new question if you have anything to add.