search envelope-o feed check
Home Unanswered Active Tags New Question
user comment-o

How do I adjust the header row time format in the Scheduler?

Asked by Scott Mitchell
9 years ago.

I am using the ASP.NET MVC Scheduler to show one day's worth of scheduled activities where each column represents a block of time of 15 minutes. Here is my configuration:

@Html.DayPilotScheduler("dps", new DayPilotSchedulerConfig
{
StartDate = ...,
Days = 1,
CellDuration = 15,
CellGroupBy = GroupBy.Hour,
TimeFormat = DayPilot.Web.Mvc.Enums.TimeFormat.Clock12Hours,
})

Along the very top I see the hours of the day, from 0 to 23, and beneath that there are 15 minute increments: 00, 15, 30, then 45.

In the topmost bar, however, I'd like to show the time as 12 AM, 1 AM, 2AM, ... 12 PM, 1 PM, ... 11 PM, rather than 0-23.

How do I go about doing this?

Thanks!

Answer posted by Dan Letecky [DayPilot]
9 years ago.

You can customize the header strings by overriding OnBeforeTimeHeader method. Just set e.InnerHtml as needed:

protected override void OnBeforeTimeHeaderRender(BeforeTimeHeaderRenderArgs e)
            {
                if (e.IsColGroup)
                {
                    e.InnerHtml = TimeFormatter.GetHour(e.Start, TimeFormat.Clock12Hours, null);
                }
            }

In this case, it should be also possible to change the time format using TimeFormat property in the config:

TimeFormat = TimeFormat.Clock12Hours

The default value of TimeFormat is Auto. It detects the time format from the current culture. This way:

public static TimeFormat DetectTimeFormat(TimeFormat input)
        {
            if (input == TimeFormat.Auto)
            {
                if (Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture.DateTimeFormat.AMDesignator == "AM")
                {
                    return TimeFormat.Clock12Hours;
                }
                else
                {
                    return TimeFormat.Clock24Hours;
                }
            }
            else
            {
                return input;
            }
        }

Comment posted by Scott Mitchell
9 years ago.

Dan, using the OnBeforeTimeHeaderRender code you posted worked, thanks.

FWIW, I did (and still do!) have the following configuration in the scheduler:

TimeFormat = DayPilot.Web.Mvc.Enums.TimeFormat.Clock12Hours

However, the 12 hour display only appears if I use the code you shared for OnBeforeTimeHeaderRender. (If I comment it out, even with specifying the TimeFormat in my view, the time header goes back to 0..23.)

Thanks

Comment posted by DG
8 years ago.

Specifying the timeformat in the config does not work alone. We have to do it in the OnBeforeTimeHeaderRender. Is it a bug or just the right way to do it?

This question is more than 3 months old and has been closed. Please create a new question if you have anything to add.