Home Unanswered Active Tags New Question
user comment-o

Problem with TimeRangeDoubleClickJavaScript in Chrome Browser

Asked by JMP
7 years ago.

Hello,

Regression problem.

In DayPilot 6 (6.7.2431), the following code works fine in Chrome Browser:

<daypilot:daypilotcalendar id="DPC" .....
TimeRangeDoubleClickHandling="JavaScript" TimeRangeDoubleClickJavaScript="alert('TimeRangeDoubleClick')">
</daypilot:daypilotcalendar>

When I doubleclick an empty cell, then JavaScript alert is fired.

In DayPilot 7 (7.3.2861), this code doesn't work anymore in Chrome (OK on Internet Explorer).
The TimeRangeSelectedJavaScript still works in Chrome but not the TimeRangeDoubleClickJavaScript.

Any idea ?

Regards

Comment posted by Dan Letecky [DayPilot]
7 years ago.

Please let me check it. I will get back to you soon.

Answer posted by Dan Letecky [DayPilot]
7 years ago.

This should be fixed now in build 2866.

You can download it in the sandbox:

http://www.daypilot.org/sandbox/

Comment posted by JMP
7 years ago.

Just tried with the 7.3 SP4 release (build 2871 in memory)
Sorry but the problem is still there! (only with Chrome Browsers).

7 years ago.

I'm not able to reproduce it anymore with 2871.

I'm doing this:

1. At http://www.daypilot.org/demo/Calendar/
2. If I select a time range, it will display an alert with the time range selected
3. If I double-click this active range, it creates a new event
4. If I double-click a background cell that is not in the selected range, it will create a new event as well.

Are you able to reproduce it in the demo?

Comment posted by JMP
7 years ago.

Mmmm...
point 3 and 4 in your list: depend how you catch then events on the demo. Server side (CallBack/PostBack) or client side with Javascript ?

if I put the following code on my server, the javascript code is only fired with doubleclick in IE but not in Chrome:

<daypilot:daypilotcalendar id="DPC" .....
TimeRangeDoubleClickHandling="JavaScript" TimeRangeDoubleClickJavaScript="alert('TimeRangeDoubleClick')">
</daypilot:daypilotcalendar>

I need this to do some client process with start.toStringSortable() before making an AJAX call and opennig a new popup.

7 years ago.

The demo uses the following code:

TimeRangeSelectedHandling="JavaScript" 
TimeRangeSelectedJavaScript="alert(start.toStringSortable() + '-' + end.toStringSortable())"
TimeRangeDoubleClickHandling="CallBack"        
OnTimeRangeDoubleClick="DayPilotCalendar1_TimeRangeDoubleClick"

If I switch it to your example it works as well:

TimeRangeDoubleClickHandling="JavaScript"
TimeRangeDoubleClickJavaScript="alert('TimeRangeDoubleClick')"

Very strange, because it was indeed not working 7.3.2861 but since 2866 DayPilot includes a lot of new code to make it working reliably.

Can you please check that it is indeed using 7.3.2871 by checking the page HTML output? It should include a line like this:

/* DayPilotPro: DayPilot, Version=7.3.2871.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=426941954f05e7fe */

Sometimes the old version gets cached somewhere....

Comment posted by JMP
7 years ago.

I made an IISReset, same problem.
+ reboot the server and checked the HTML source code and got the "/* DayPilotPro: DayPilot, Version=7.3.2871.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=426941954f05e7fe */" line.

But the javascript still doesn't fire with chrome (Version 26.0.1410.64 m which is the last one).
The strange thing is that everything's working fine if I access with the same chrome browser our production server which is using Daypilot 6.7.2431.

Not at work tomorow but I will try again on thursday changing the other properties (AfterRenderJavaScript...) and/or with your code.
Maybe the problem appears only in a specific case.

Regards.

7 years ago.

Thanks for the update. I'm using the same Chrome version. If you were able to reproduce the issue by modifying the Demo source code it would help a lot.

Comment posted by JMP
7 years ago.

OK, I found the problem!

Just add Crosshair="Full" and the TimeRangeDoubleClickJavaScript doesn't fire anymore in Chrome!
Works with "Disabled"/"Header".

Thank you to tell me when it's fixed.
Crosshair is just an extra (cool) feature so not in a hurry. :-)

Regards.

7 years ago.

Great, thanks for the update. I'll take a look at it.

This question is more than 3 months old and has been closed. Please create a new question if you have anything to add.