search envelope-o feed check
Home Unanswered Active Tags New Question
user comment-o

Combining multiple events into one cell

Asked by Brad
16 years ago.
Hello,

I am trying the DayPilot Lite version, may upgrade to Pro if it meets our needs and there is funding available to purchase (we are a public university with little money!)

I am most interested in the WeekView. Here is the problem I am having. I need to display several events (up to 7 so far) that occur at the same time period. The people that will be using these views need to be able to quickly glance at the page and see everything, so I was wondering if it is possible to change the cells in WeekView so that all the information displays? For instance is it possible to combine all the events for a given time period into one cell instead of multiple cells, or is it possible to change the appearance of the cells?

Thanks!
Comment posted by Dan Letecky
16 years ago.
1) With the current feature set, you could combine the events into one on the server side (that would mean modifying the data source so there is just one event with all the details joint together instead of 7 events). To DayPilot, it would appear as a single event so you would have to tweak it a little bit (modify text to include hyperlinks to individual events, for example).

2) What you describe seems to be very similar to this request: http://forums.daypilot.org/Topic.aspx/385/event_stacking_and_daypilotmonth_month_names
But so far there is no specific plan to implement this one (although it's starting to be an interesting use case).
Comment posted by Dan Letecky
16 years ago.
And: DayPilot Pro allows you to modify the color of both the background cells (using BeforeCellRender event) and events (using BeforeEventRender event).
This question is more than 1 months old and has been closed. Please create a new question if you have anything to add.