search envelope-o feed check
Home Unanswered Active Tags New Question
user comment-o

Scheduler erroring when trying to reload it

Asked by Pete
4 years ago.

When I load the scheduler for the first time, it work fine. However, if I try to reload it, I get this error message

Uncaught Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerServerErrorException: Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerServerErrorException: Error during serialization or deserialization using the JSON JavaScriptSerializer. The length of the string exceeds the value set on the maxJsonLength property.

Answer posted by Dan Letecky [DayPilot]
4 years ago.

Please take a look at this question:
https://forums.daypilot.org/question/4310/daypilot-scheduler-error-error-during-serialization-or-dese

If you are storing event data in the ViewState (StoreEventsInViewState="true") you may need to turn it off. It is disabled by default.

Comment posted by Pete
4 years ago.

Playing with it, it seems to dying when the time headers go over about 9600 intervals. There is next to no data in it and it seems to make no difference as to how many resources are showing. It is purely doing this when the timescale goes over a certain length.

Comment posted by Dan Letecky [DayPilot]
4 years ago.

The UpdatePanel is a workaround technology and unfortunately there is now way around this limit.

Usually the ViewState is the biggest part of the POST data so you can try disabling the ViewState for the whole control.

However, it is reasonable to keep the timeline size decent because it affects the Scheduler performance. Having 9600 time cells in the timeline and CellWidth of 20 pixels would result in a grid 192,000 pixels wide. That is not going to work well.

This question is more than 1 months old and has been closed. Please create a new question if you have anything to add.