search envelope-o feed check
Home Unanswered Active Tags New Question
user comment-o

Scheduler - Stacking of Overlapping Events

Asked by Anonymous
1 year ago.

I'm placing two events at the same line. This works well, however with one excption and I can't explain it.

In the attached screenshot you can see the two green and orange triangles. They are events with an acitve area. Both overlap the the light purple events, because they have the same line postion as these.

On the 26th there is also an event with a green triangle. However, it's hidden resp. covered by the light purple event. This happens only, when the light purple event starts in the afternoon, regardless of its length

Do you have any idea, that could explain this behaviour?

Answer posted by Dan Letecky [DayPilot]
1 year ago.

Do I understand it correctly that although there are three events in the screenshot you define six events?

Events are rendered in the in the order determined by the default sort order. You can also define a custom sort (and rendering) order as described here:
(https://doc.daypilot.org/scheduler/event-sorting/)

Comment posted by Anonymous
1 year ago.

Yes, correct.

In the screenshot "diff_pos.jpg" there are four events of two groups. The first group "green triangle" is at line 0, the second one at line 1.

If I postion them at the same line "0", the first green triangle (left) event is covered.

Is this caused by the default sort order?

Comment posted by Dan Letecky [DayPilot]
1 year ago.

By default, the Scheduler uses the start date to sort events. If the start date is the same, the longer event goes first. If both dates are the same, the order can't be guaranteed.

But maybe it would be better to use an active area instead of another event to insert the triangle?

1 year ago.

You mean, an active area inside the cell itself? If yes, then I would have a problem with showing the bubble of that active area. Because the cell is covered by the full crosshair (crosshairType: 'Full')

1 year ago.

Ok, I see - the triangle belongs to a cell, not to an event.

Anyway, you should be able to control the layer by adjusting the sort order.

1 year ago.

No, it belongs to an event.

You're suggesting to to use an active area instead of another event to insert the triangle. To what should this active area belong? Either to an event or a cell. Right now I'm using the event variante. If I would use the cell variante, than I would have a problem with the full crosshair, as I mentioned

Are there other types of active areas?

1 year ago.

You can attach active areas to events and cells.

But as I understand it, you have a special event (displayed in a layer above another event) that is transparent and only contains an active area. So I'm wondering why you don't add the active area directly to the underlying event.

This question is more than 1 months old and has been closed. Please create a new question if you have anything to add.