search envelope-o feed check
Home Unanswered Active Tags New Question
user comment-o

Data Bind Cells

Asked by Phil
9 years ago.

Is there any way to data bind cells as well as events? What I want to achieve is to have a Calendar in which Supervisors create events of various types (e.g. 'New Clients Only', 'Repeat Clients', 'Do Not Disturb'), essentially creating a rota or schedule. Normal users will then open a different Calendar for booking actual client appointments, and the background colours of the cells will indicate what kind of appointment can be booked into various timeslots.

So, if a Supervisor created an event with a type defined in my database as 'Unavailable from 9-12 on a Monday morning, when end users opened the calendar they'd see that those hours had a red background, warning them not to book there. It's ok that they would physically be able to book into these time slots even if they weren't supposed to, I'm not looking for anything TOO clever, but I could do with being able to bind cells as well as just events.

Answer posted by Dan Letecky [DayPilot]
9 years ago.

You can customize the cells (color, CSS, HTML) using BeforeCellRender event handler:

http://doc.daypilot.org/calendar/cell-customization/

Comment posted by Phil
9 years ago.

This isn't quite as slick as databinding the cells, but I've gone with down that route and got it working.

Comment posted by Phil
9 years ago.

P.S. Thank you!

This question is more than 1 months old and has been closed. Please create a new question if you have anything to add.