search envelope-o feed check
Home Unanswered Active Tags New Question
user comment-o

Operation Aborted Error on IE

Asked by Sheraz
16 years ago.
when i insert the dll (4.0) in my project IE does not load my page and gives Operation Aborted Error while it was working absolutely fine with dll version 3.9. Is there a Bug in it or there is something i need to change while using the New Dll version 4.0.
Comment posted by Dan Letecky
16 years ago.
Thanks for reporting the problem. It seems that the JavaScript causes some problems in your case. It seems like a bug that might appear under specific conditions .

A few questions:
1. What version of Windows and IE are you using?
2. Does it happen always or just sometimes?
3. What control is causing the problem - DayPilotScheduler or DayPilotCalendar?
4. Do you have a different machine where you can test if it's doing the same?
5. Is the demo (http://www.daypilot.org/demo/Calendar/) working fine in the same browser?
Comment posted by Sheraz
16 years ago.
I am Using Windows XP and IE 6 and 7 both
what is the root cause of problem is ...can be seen from the following article.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/927917

This is a BUG in IE 5.5 and onwards.
Day pilot calendar is what i am using.
Actually it works fine when i use it in a separate demo project but when i use it in my project where i am already using the older(3.9) version it start giving me the error i mentioned in my first post.
I am also using Newton.JSOn Library in my project... may be this is causing a conflict.

Why i am asking you is that version 3.9 works great but replacing it with 4.0 dll gives operation aborted error..:(
One more thing its only in IE ... in Firefox it works great.
16 years ago.
Thanks for pointing out the KB article to me.

I think Json.NET isn't causing the problem (it would rather throw server-side exceptions).

It would help a lot if you could send me a piece of code that replicates the bug (because it doesn't appear in the default demo application). I can check the source code for potential source of the problem according to KB 927917 but that will take some time.
Comment posted by I. Hogue
15 years ago.
Hi Dan, I am using all of the components that were included in the 4.9 build that was recently released. Both the Scheduler and the Calendar components are producing the Operation Aborted Error on IE versions 6 and 7. Any insight that you could provide would be most helpful. I can provide you with additional detail if needed.
15 years ago.
I'm still working on this issue. Simple hacks (like delaying the rendering code to run after readyState=='complete') didn't help here.
15 years ago.
The solution for DayPilotCalendar is now available in DayPilot Pro 4.9 SP3. Please let me know if the problems appears in this or any following release.
Comment posted by I. Hogue
15 years ago.
Hi Dan, Thanks for posting this service pack. I just released a new build with your service pack update incorporated. I will let you know if we encounter the error. Sincerely, -Isaac H.
This question is more than 1 months old and has been closed. Please create a new question if you have anything to add.