end: 4 September 2012 16:00
repeat: every 1 week
on days: Mon, Wed, Fri
repeat 5 times
4. Save

Result: calendar renders wrong reccurent events

Answer posted by Dan Letecky [DayPilot]
12 years ago.

As far as I can tell it behaves as specified. It might not be what you need, however.

1. It doesn't take the event end into account, i.e. it repeats the event based on its start, no matter when it actually ends. If the event is too long, the next occurrence might appear before the last one ends. This happens here because the event ends in 2012.

2. It keeps the original event at the specified time (2011-09-04T15:00:00) and adds the occurrences according to the rule. I.e. when using "repeat 5 times" you will always have 6 occurrences in total. This is intentional because the first event doesn't have to match the repeat rule. Then it wouldn't be clear whether it counts to the limit or not.

Comment posted by Pavel Shyrko
12 years ago.

Hi Dan.
Thank you for your reply. But, if you complete all steps to reproduce the issue, then you will find that Calendar renders 5 events per every day from 4 September 2011 till 4 September 2012, instead of six events which I expect.

Comment posted by Dan Letecky [DayPilot]
12 years ago.

It looks like the event is generated every day, but it's not exactly so.

The start/end fields describe the first event which will also serve as a template (start time of day, duration, text, etc.) for the generated occurrences. If you use 4 September 2011 15:00 as start and 4 September 2012 16:00 as end, it will create a one-year long event starting on 4 Sep 2011. It will appear as 366 event parts on all subsequent days because that's how multi-day events are displayed if you don't mark them as all-day events. On the next Monday, the first occurrence with the same duration is added and it goes on.

If you use 4 September 2011 (instead of 2012) 16:00 as the event end it should be displayed correctly.

This question is more than 1 months old and has been closed. Please create a new question if you have anything to add.