search envelope-o feed check
Home Unanswered Active Tags New Question
user comment-o

Calendar stuck in loading

Asked by tec-goblin
12 years ago.

Hi... I am not sure this is a bug, but I have a DayPilotCalendar in an UpdatePanel and bound to an EntityDataSource. When I initially load the page, it appears correctly. When I change its StartDate in a postback and update the panel, it remains stuck in the loading state. There isn't (and shouldn't) be any database traffic during postbacks (the DayPilotCalendar is bound to the EntityDataSource and in the first loading it gets the data, but the parameters haven't changed in the mid time, it should do filtering without touching again the database).
I see two Get Calls to a WebResource.axd which return an empty frame in the network traffic, but I am not sure they are related.

The offending lines are:
DayPilotCalendar1.StartDate = some date
DayPilotCalendar1.HourNameBackColor = some color
calendarPanel.Update();

Could you tell me what could go wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Comment posted by Dan Letecky [DayPilot]
12 years ago.

Could you please check if there is any JavaScript error? It seems like the rendering code was interrupted for some reason. I recommend using Firefox + Firebug extension (the console tab).

Comment posted by jon
10 years ago.

Not sure what came of this problem. But ever since I changed my web application running the calendar to .NET Framework 4.0 it now gets stuck loading upon a postback after the event TimeRangeDoubleClick has been executed.

The calendar is inside an UpdatePanel, and at the end of the event I do (which is how I got it to 'refresh' the calendar data on a postback):
1. Calendar.DataBind()
2. Calendar.Update()

When running the application in Firefox with the Developer tools, I get no errors, not even with Javascript. Then I tried it with Firebug, and same results, no errors at all. Again, this wasn't issue prior to change the application to .NET Framework 4.0

Thanks.

This question is more than 1 months old and has been closed. Please create a new question if you have anything to add.